How streamlined is the accounting in your business? Do you know exactly when, where, and how things are happening in your accounting software? Are you using accounting software at all? Do you find yourself overwhelmed by manual tasks to keep your books up-to-date?
Once of the services Anne Napolitano Consulting focuses on is accounting process optimization.
This is the practice of streamlining and improving the efficiency of all the workflows that surround your business’s accounting.
When we dig into your processes, we’ll be looking for ways we can:
- Automate repetitive tasks, such as data entry and transaction categorization.
- Implement new technology, including better-fit accounting software.
- Revise workflows and procedures to eliminate bottlenecks and inefficiencies.
- Provide training and support to staff to ensure they’re using the most effective methods for completing tasks.
- Conduct regular reviews and audits to identify areas of improvement and implement changes.
Overall, the goal of process optimization is to reduce the time and effort required to complete accounting tasks while improving the accuracy and reliability of financial information by minimizing human error.
Picture this: Your sales tax deadline is looming. You need to submit your return within the week. You log into your accounting software and realize there is a huge backlog of transactions that need to be entered. You clammer for your stack of receipts and start entering things one-by-one, hardly sure if what you’re typing is correct. You get your return in on time but have no idea whether it’s accurate.
Have you ever found yourself in a similar scenario? Many of our clients have before we partnered up.
Process optimization is all about eliminating errors, tedious labor, and delays.
At Anne Napolitano Consulting, we consider ourselves a tech-first firm. We strive to stay on the cutting edge of new accounting software, automation and integration opportunities, and workflow best-practices.
It’s important to call in a professional team to support financial process and system updates for several reasons:
- These teams have the expertise to assess your current systems and workflows to identify areas of improvement.
- They should be familiar with established software as well as new-to-market options.
- They can provide training and support to your staff, rather than everyone in your company working through new tools with trial-and-error.
If your books are a mess, if your accounting process is inefficient, or your financials are scattered through multiple programs or apps (or even paper!), it might be time to hire a professional.
At Anne Napolitano Consulting, we review each client’s accounting processes to help them improve their workflows. For example, we may assist in: